Taking Steps for the Future
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Getting Started with LakerApps
LakerApps is SUNY Oswego's suite of applications for email, calendaring, document sharing and personal website creation. LakerApps is part of the Google Apps for Education product line. It is provided to SUNY Oswego and hosted by Google.
The four primary applications available in LakerApps include the following:
- Gmail - used for reading and sending email. Features include 25GB of email space, labels for organizing your mail, search, chat, signatures, vacation messages, filters and more.
- Calendar - used for keeping your schedule organized. Features include the ability to create multiple calendars, sharing of calendars with others, inviting others to meetings, task lists and more.
- Drive- used for file collaboration and file storage. Features include creating documents natively within Drive or uploading files created on your computer, sharing documents with others, working collaboratively with others on documents, revision history and more.
- Sites - used for the creation of a personal website. Features include multiple page layouts, themes, ability to create multiple sites, restrict access to pages, collaborate with others on pages or sites and more.
To get started using LakerApps:
- Login to LakerApps at the SUNY Oswego Mail Page. Once logged in, use the links in the upper left of the page to move from one application to another.
- Having trouble logging in? Check out our "Troubleshooting LakerApps" page.
- Configure a mobile device for use with LakerApps.
If you read your mail with a mail client such as Thunderbird, Outlook or Apple Mail, please see our Client Access page for instructions on how to configure each client for use with LakerApps. Please note that for overall feature functionality with LakerApps, we recommend reading your mail through the web at the SUNY Oswego Mail Page.