Taking Steps for the Future
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
CLA Help Site: Lab Procedures
As a Computer Lab Assistant, you will be expected to perform several common tasks during your shift. These tasks include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Do not wear headphones on your shift. You are there to serve the students, not watch movies.
- Be familiar with both Windows & Macintosh operating systems
- Maintain order in the CTS computer Labs at all times and deal with problems or disruptions accordingly.
- Lost & Found procedures are posted in all labs. If an item of value is left in the lab (cell phone, keys, iPod, etc.) you must call University Police ext. 5555 and have them come and pickup the item.
- If a student leaves a USB drive in the lab, please email them directly and tape a sheet of paper to the USB drive with the user's name. In Penfield you will want to give that USB drive to the front desk where it will be safely stored.
- Monitoring printer queues and printers. Make sure printers are jam-free and they have paper and toner.
- Do lab rounds. Walk around the lab, push in chairs, clean up any trash, etc.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in all labs.
- Assist users as they have questions. If you don't know an answer, email the cla-list or call the help desk at x3456 for an immediate answer.
- ONLY the CLA on duty should be in the CLA area.
- In the event of a fire alarm, all labs have a key located in the CLA area. You should be familiar with its location and the appropriate fire drill procedures for the lab you are working in.
- When closing a lab, please perform the following tasks:
- Do a supply check. Email the cla-list with number of remaining boxes of paper and toner.
- Ensure printers are fully stocked. Printouts should be stacked neatly or if over three hours old recycled.
- Machines can be turned off, printers can be left on.
- Turn lab lights off and close door behind you.
In this section, you can find information regarding these tasks by clicking on a link to the left.