Taking Steps for the Future
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Cable TV Frequently Asked Questions
- Why isn't my cable TV working?
- Why am I only getting channels 2-13 on my TV?
- Why is my cable fuzzy?
- I can't get the cable TV to work. Who can I call for help?
- Why do only some channels have audio and on others it is in Spanish?
- If you are using a VCR for a tuner, make sure the cable path from wall -> VCR -> TV is correct. ANTENNA IN should be linked to TV OUT on the back of your VCR.
- If you are using a VCR for a tuner, Make sure your TV is tuned to the same channel that your VCR’s tuner is set to (either channel 3 or 4).
- If you are using a VCR for a tuner, make sure that the VCR is not set to AUX. AUX is used for video input, not television.
- Check your coaxial cable for signs of crimping. If the cable is crimped or worn, try replacing it with a new cable or one that is known to work already.
- Look at both ends of the coaxial cable and note whether or not the center conductor extends beyond the end of the cable’s fitting. If you cannot see the center conductor, the coaxial cable needs to be replaced.
- Check your TV tuner. make sure it is set to CATV. If you have several options for CATV, pick the first one.
- If you use your VCR for a tuner, the advice above still applies. Change the tuner from Air/Broadcast to CATV.
- Check your cable path. If a video game device is in the path, that could be a problem. If you are splitting two TVs off of one cable drop, that could also be the problem. Both setups affect the signal strength to the TV set, resulting in fuzzy picture quality. Our design does not allow for either situation.
- If you have nothing connected but TV-VCR, check the ends of your coaxial cable from the wall and between TV/VCR. You should be able to feel the center conductor extended beyond the fitting. If not, you should replace the defective coaxial cable.
- Are your neighbors having similar problems with their reception? If so, contact the Help Desk at x3456 and report it.
4. I can't get the cable TV to work. Who can I call for help?
All personal cable TV issues should be reported directly to the Help Desk at x3456. Please do not report them to the residence hall or maintenance staff; doing so will inevitably result in delayed service.
The cable techs will not perform inspections or repairs without someone present in your room. A CTS staff person will call you to schedule an appointment.
HART HALL USERS, PLEASE NOTE: Cable only works on the left side of the room. The right side jacks are not active.
5. Why do only some channels have audio and on others it is in Spanish?
Your SAP (Second Audio Program) feature has been activated. Go into your menu to de-select or turn off this feature of your television.