- Click on the course link for which you want to backup.
- From the Manage tab within the Data Management nugget, click on Backup & Restore link
- In the Your Backups area, click on the here link to create a backup.
- Your backup request will be queued to run and you will receive an email once it has completed.
- To download the backup to your computer, return to the Your Backups area on the Manage tab and click on the file to download.
This past spring, Microsoft released Internet Explorer (IE) version 9 and shortly afterward, Mozilla released Firefox version 4. ANGEL was not immediately compatible with these two browsers. An ANGEL software patch was applied to our installation last month that now makes it compatible with both of these browsers.
ANGEL to Blackboard Migration
In 2009, Blackboard acquired ANGEL and since then have been working on merging the two products. They have started this merger by slowly blending the strengths of each product and introducing them into Blackboard version 9.
Over the last two years since Blackboard’s acquisition of ANGEL, the SUNY Learning Network (SLN) has been investigating migration paths away from ANGEL to another Learning Management System (LMS) product. SLN is a SUNY unit that provides distance learning services to member campuses. They currently host the SUNY Oswego installation of ANGEL along with 26 other SUNY campuses.
Recently, SLN announced that they will officially be supporting Blackboard as the next LMS for SLN campuses. A new three-year contract between SUNY and Blackboard is nearly complete. SUNY Oswego has chosen to participate in this contract when it becomes available and will be looking at migrating from ANGEL to Blackboard sometime over the next 12-18 months. We will keep users informed of the details on the actual migration as we have them. Look for announcements on the SUNY Oswego ANGEL website.