As part of our enrollment in the Microsoft Campus Agreement, all SUNY Oswego registered students, faculty and staff are eligible to get Office 365 for FREE.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is Microsoft’s cloud version of Office Professional Plus. Essentially, you login to a website to use certain applications, such as Word and Excel, directly through a web browser. You can also download and install the applications locally to your machine.
- Use of Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online and OneNote Online which allows you to use any of these applications through a web browser.
- Installation of Office ProPlus on up to 5 personal, compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets.
- 1TB of online storage through Microsoft OneDrive for each user. Create new files from OneDrive using the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Online programs. Files can be shared with other users that have accounts in 365.
How do I Get Started?
- Check the System Requirements to ensure your system can install the software.
- Go to the Office 365 Education site to register for a Microsoft Account.
- On the above page, submit your SUNY Oswego email address.
- Check for an email from “Microsoft Office 365 Team” and click the link in it.
- Submit the form to finish creating your Microsoft Account and you will automatically be logged in.
- For future sessions, go to https://login.microsoftonline.com.
What happens when I graduate or separate from SUNY Oswego?
Once you have left the College, your Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end. You may enroll in other available consumer or commercial offers.
Questions? Contact the Help Desk!