CTS will be teaching approximately 20 sessions on various topics during the 2013 CELT-sponsored Winter BreakOut being held from Jan. 16 – 25.
Michael Pisa, interim Chief Technology Officer had this to say in regards to the department’s participation,
“CTS is offering a rich menu of technical trainings during Winter BreakOut scheduled for January 16-25. If you haven’t been to the Cyber Security Awareness training, don’t miss Tyler Wrightson from GreyCastle Security. He teaches a very engaging training and certainly gets you thinking about cyber security at work and at home. If you are looking for ways to become more productive in your use of LakerApps Gmail, Calendar and Drive, we have a number of short sessions geared towards specific features that can do just that. If you’ve been thinking about lecture capture for recording your classes, make sure to attend the introductory session. Elluminate web-conferencing continues to gain ground for those interested in synchronous online meetings. Elluminate will be upgraded to Blackboard Collaborate in Summer 2013, so if you are already using Elluminate, be sure to attend the preview session. Lastly, we always have a lot of projects we are working on in CTS. Come to our ‘CTS Projects’ session to learn about those that may affect you, your department or the entire campus. Hope to see you there!”
Below are the sessions CTS will be offering. Be sure to click on the session name to read the full description of the course. If you’d like to attend a session, be sure to register, using the “Register” link!
Tyler Wrightson from GreyCastle Security will be back on campus January 16th giving two additional Cyber Security Awareness trainings. He was on campus in October and November giving a knowledgeable and engaging training for faculty, staff and students on many security topics ranging from passwords and social engineering to mobile device and physical security for both work and home. See our article entitled: “Did You Miss the Cyber Security Awareness Training?”
- Session 1, Cyber Security Awareness Training, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 9:15-10:15am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 2, Cyber Security Awareness Training, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 10:30-11:30am, CC 202. Register.
Elluminate Web-Conferencing has been used on campus for conducting synchronous online meetings for a variety of purposes including courses, meetings, workshops and more. Elluminate will be upgraded to Blackboard Collaborate during Summer of 2013. If you are a current Elluminate user or will be for the Spring, please attend the preview session to learn more about it.
- Session 16, Online Webinars Using Elluminate, Thursday, Jan. 17, 1:00-1:55pm, CC 202. Register.
- Session 19, Elluminate Upgrade to Blackboard Collaborate – A Preview, Thursday, Jan. 17, 2:00-3:00, CC 202. Register.
Come to the CTS Projects session to learn about the projects CTS is currently working on and those being planned that may affect you, your department or the entire campus.
CTS officially released the Panopto lecture capture service in specific rooms during the Fall 2012 semester. We have an introductory session for those that would like to learn more about the service, how it works and how it is being used. We also have an advanced session for those that have already been using the service that will show more advanced features and uses of the system.
- Session 27, Introduction to Lecture Capture with Panopto, Friday, Jan. 18, 10:30-11:30am, CC 206. Register.
- Session 29, Advanced Lecture Capture with Panopto, Friday, Jan. 18, 1:00-2:00pm, CC 206. Register.
If you are working on a multimedia project and need to caption it, be sure to attend the following:
Have an ANGEL Question you’d like answered? Want to see how to use a certain feature? Maybe you’re just having a problem you can’t fix? Our team of local experts can help you out.
We have a number of LakerApps sessions geared towards making your life a little more productive. Learn about specific features that could make it easier to read and compose email, create meetings and get notified of them, work and collaborate on documents:
- Session 14, Labels and Filters – Automatically Organize Emails in Google Mail, Thursday, Jan. 17, 11:00-11:20am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 50, Reading Your Email More Efficiently with LakerApps Gmail, Thursday, Jan.24, 9:30-9:50am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 52, Using LakerApps Calendar Invitations to Productively Schedule Meetings, Thursday, Jan. 24, 10:00-10:20am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 54, Using LakerApps Contact Groups Beyond Email, Thursday, Jan. 24, 10:30-10:50am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 56, Detecting and Reporting Spam and Phishing Scams with LakerApps Gmail, Thursday, Jan. 24, 11:00-11:20am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 57, Using LakerApps Calendar Notifications to Keep You Running On Schedule, Thursday, Jan. 24, 11:30-11:50am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 58, The New Compose and Reply Experience in Gmail, Thursday Jan. 24, 1:00-1:20pm, CC 202. Register.
- Session 64, Create, Collaborate With and Store Documents and Files Using Google Drive, Friday, Jan. 25, 9:15-10:15am, CC 202. Register.
- Session 67, Easily Create and Give Presentations from Anywhere with Google Drive, Friday, Jan. 25, 10:30-11:30am, CC 202. Register.
About the Author: