Hall of Fame Class of 2010 Announced
The Oswego Alumni Association will induct seven key members
of the Laker sports legacy into the Oswego State Athletic Hall of Fame this
Soccer, baseball, basketball, wrestling, hockey, cross country and track will
all be represented at a ceremony Oct. 30 in the Sheldon Hall Ballroom.
The Alumni Association
established the Hall of Fame in 2001 to honor players and coaches who made
outstanding contributions to Oswego
This year's inductees:
* Charles Wiltse ’63 was a cross country and track star.
* All-American wrestler James Hauptfleisch ’77 earned two state championships
during his career. He also won the SUNYAC individual championship in 1975.
* Robert Zabronsky ’82 made the All-SUNY Athletic Conference first team in each
year that he played Laker soccer. The former goalie made the dean’s list
* Eileen Sommers ’83 was the first women’s basketball player to score 1,000 career
points. She is currently ranked sixth all-time in points and is counted among
the top 10 in several categories.
* Former pitcher Barry Dillon ’85 made the All-SUNYAC team three of his four
years with the team en route to setting the record for career wins at 37. Dillon
was also selected to play in the inaugural New York State College Baseball
Association All-Star Game in 1982 at Shea Stadium.
* Former men’s ice hockey team captain Michael Snell ’87 set the mark for most
goals in a single season in 1984-85. The two-time All-American later played two
years of professional hockey in Germany.
* Retired SUNY Oswego employee Dick Johnson was a charter
member of the Blueline Club, an organization that has supported Oswego State
hockey for decades. He will be honored as a longtime supporter of the men’s ice
Reservations are required for the Oct. 30 Hall of Fame Inductions Dinner. More
information will be posted in the coming weeks.
— Shane M. Liebler
A group of seven former athletes will be inducted into the Oswego State Athletic Hall of Fame Oct. 30.
Back to August front page • Next story: New Coaches • Previous story: Wind powAir
|Oswego Alumni Association, Inc. • King Alumni Hall - SUNY Oswego • Oswego, NY 13126
315-312-2258 • 315-312-5570 (fax) • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Web site: oswego.edu/alumni