The Oswego Alumni Association will induct five Laker greats into the Oswego State Athletic Hall of Fame this fall.
The soccer, baseball, basketball, wrestling, women's cross country and women's lacrosse programs will all be represented at a ceremony Oct. 25 in the Sheldon Hall Ballroom.
The Alumni Association established the Hall of Fame in 2001 to honor players and coaches who made outstanding contributions to Oswego State athletics.
This year's inductees:
* Ernest Loungo coached the men's soccer team to its first state championship in 1966.
* Joseph Bena '64 wrestled for SUNY Oswego as a student and went on to become a distinguished coach at the high school level. He will begin his 43rd season as a high school coach this fall.
* Frank Lisco '65 celebrated several team championships and earned numerous personal honors as a soccer, basketball and baseball player during his student career.
* Jeannine Muoio Salamone '92 set several records and earned many awards as a member of the women's cross country team.
* Kimberly Pace '97 set several school marks and was ranked among the top players in New York in her tenure with the women's lacrosse team.
Reservations are required for the Oct. 25 Hall of Fame Inductions Luncheon. Please check our Web site for more information.
-- Shane M. Liebler
Back To August E-Newsletter - Next Article: Insurance Assurance - Previous Article: Oswego Calling
Oswego Alumni Association, Inc.
King Alumni Hall • SUNY Oswego • Oswego, NY 13126
315-312-2258 • 315-312-5570 (fax)
Web site: www.oswego.edu/alumni