Hall of Fame Class of 2011 Announced
The Oswego Alumni Association will induct four key members of the Laker sports legacy into the Oswego State Athletic Hall of Fame this fall.
The soccer, basketball, wrestling, field hockey and baseball programs will all be represented at a ceremony Nov. 12 on campus.
The Alumni Association established the Hall of Fame in 2001 to honor players and coaches who made outstanding contributions to Oswego State athletics.
This year's inductees:
* Harold Furrer '65 was a three-time SUNY champion in the 130-pound weight class with a perfect 44-0 record as a collegiate wrestler.
* Charles Stanek '65 was well-recognized in baseball, soccer and basketball. He earned Oswego "Athlete of the Year" honors in 1964.
* Ken Walker '80 leads the men's lacrosse all-time points list and held the career goal mark for more than two decades.
* Former field hockey team captain Diane E. Gilligan '85 remains the program's all-time leader in points, goals and assists.
* Coach Emeritus Ken Peterson guided the Laker men's soccer team for nearly four decades, earning SUNY Athletic Conference "Coach of the Year" accolades in 1987, 1988 and 1993.
Reservations are required for the Nov. 12 Hall of Fame Induction Luncheon. Look for more information will be posted in the coming weeks.
— Shane M. Liebler
Back to August front page • Next story: The Fund for Oswego