First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
- Information Programs including a tour and presentation from an Admissions Counselor, are held during the academic year at 10 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday as well as 1 p.m. on select Fridays and Saturdays.
- During winter break (February 21-25) and spring break (April 11, 15, 19, 20, 21 & 25) we will offer programs at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. each day.
- From July 6 through August 19, 2011 programs will be offered at 10 a.m. Monday and Wednesday and at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Complimentry ice cream will also be included for all visitors at the conclusion of the Friday programs.
- Each program generally lasts about two and a half hours.
- Check-in for all programs begins 30 minutes in advance.
- Programs include a short video, a presentation from an admissions counselor and a student-guided campus tour.
Note: Summer Open House will be held July 8, 2011.
Fall semester programs will begin mid-September and run through early-December. Spring semester programs will begin mid-February and run until early-May.Register Online now!
These by-invitation programs for students who have been admitted to the schools below provide an excellent opportunity to tour the campus, meet with faculty in the students area of interest, and learn about the many academic possibilities offered through these majors.
School of Communication, Media & the Arts (including Cinema & Screen Studies major)
April 1, 2011 (12:30-4 p.m.)
- School of Business
April 8, 2011 (12:30-4:30p.m.)
These events are designed for freshman and transfer applicants (of all majors) who have already applied to Oswego or have already been accepted and would like more information. Please note: if you have been accepted and paid your admissions deposit these events are not mandatory, and they are not orientation programs where you will register for fall classes. Space is limited, so please be sure to register early!
Saturday, April 2, 2011 (noon to 4:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, April 16, 2011 (noon to 4:30 p.m.)
- Monday, April 18, 2011 (noon to 4:30 p.m.)
Register Online now!
Oswego offers three Open House programs during the fall semester as well as one during the spring and summer- your best opportunity to get an in-depth overview of SUNY Oswego's offerings. Space is limited, so please be sure to register early!
- Open House for High School Juniors
May 2, 2011 (12:30 - 4 p.m.)
- Summer Open House
July 22, 2011 (a.m. and p.m. options)
Registration Opens May 20, 2011
- Columbus Day
Monday, October 10, 2011
- Saturday Open House
October 29, 2011
- Veterans' Day
Friday, November 11, 2011
Check-in for open house programs begin 30 minutes in advance.
Our Columbus and Veterans' Day open house programs include campus tours, special information sessions, interaction with faculty from many of Oswego's over 55 undergraduate programs and the chance to speak with students from various campus clubs and organizations.
Our Fall Saturday and Summer Open House programs offer presentations by faculty and admissions counselors, a student-guided campus tour, as well as the opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education and Experienced-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and our first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered.
The Open House for high school juniors includes presentations about admissions, financial aid, first year programs, and residence life and dining. An information fair and student-guided campus tour is also available.Register Online Now!
Individual appointments are available Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. You and your family can take a student-guided campus tour and meet with an admissions counselor throughout the year. Call 315.312.2250 to arrange an appointment.
An overnight stay, hosted by a student volunteer, is available Sunday through Thursday nights during much of the academic year (mid-September through mid-November and mid-February through mid-April -- excluding college vacations). Prospective students stay in a residence hall room then attend classes the next day with their host. A two week notice is required for your reservation. You may submit your request by mailing or by emailing this application (85 KB PDF) to the Office of Admissions. Upon reservation, a confirmation packet will be sent with additional information.