Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 9:18 p.m. - 9:18 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 9:19 p.m. - 9:19 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 9:20 p.m. - 9:20 p.m.
The purpose of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is to fulfill New York State's commitment to provide access to higher education for economically disadvantaged students who possessed the potential to succeed in college, but whose academic preparation in high school has not fully prepared them to pursue college education successfully. The primary mission of the EOP is to facilitate the recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation of these students. This is accomplished by providing EOP students with an array of educationally related support services and opportunities. Applicants for EOP consideration must also be financially eligible for the program according to the New York State EOP financial eligibility guidelines.
- EOP is not a financial aid or scholarship program.
- Financial eligibility does not guarantee admission into SUNY Oswego.
- Freshmen applicants who qualify academically for regular admissions are not eligible for EOP.
Freshman Eligibility for EOP
- Be a New York state resident for at least 12 months prior to enrollment.
- Have received a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be ineligible for admission under traditional standards, but demonstrate potential to complete a college program.
- Be economically disadvantaged according to New York State EOP income guidelines.
New York State EOP Income Guidelines
*For each additional family member add $7,437
EOP Application Requirements: Freshmen Students (847 KB PDF)
- Official High School Transcripts or official transcript of GED scores
- Official SAT and/or ACT Scores (scores not required with GED)
- Supplemental Application
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Autobiographical Essay (1-2 pages)
- EOP Personal Data Form (368 KB PDF)
- Household Income Documentation for the 2012 calendar year
- All EOP applicants must file for Financial Aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
EOP Summer Program:
Freshmen admitted to SUNY Oswego through EOP are required to attend a mandatory four week summer program in July prior to the start of the fall semester.
Enrollment at Oswego is contingent upon successful completion of this program. For additional information and questions about the summer program, contact the EOP Office at 315.312.3094 or write to email@example.com. Further details can be found on the EOP pages.
Transfer Eligibility for EOP: Transfer Students (953 KB PDF)
To be eligible for admission through EOP as a transfer you must have been enrolled in EOP, HEOP, COLLEGE DISCOVERY, SEEK or similar type program at a participating SUNY, CUNY or private institution in the State of New York.
Participation in one of the above programs will be verified by the Office of Admissions with each campus in which you were a participant. Participation will be verified using the Educational Opportunity Program Transfer Verification Form.
Transfer applicants who attended institutions that do not offer EOP or similar type programs, should contact the Office of Admissions regarding eligibility requirements.
For Additional Admissions information,
write or call:
Office of Admissions
229 Sheldon Hall
Oswego, NY 13126
Phone: 315.312.2250 Fax: 315.312.3260
For Additional Support Services information,
write or call: