Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Sunday, July 5, 6:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Sunday, July 5, 6:12 p.m. - 6:12 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Sunday, July 5, 6:11 p.m. - 6:11 p.m.
As you start your journey at Oswego, who can you expect to meet? These statistics are not intended as minimums or standards or to represent a “typical" Oswego student; they are merely averages and composites. The Oswego student body is comprised of many individuals whose "raw numbers" fall above or below these averages, and they each comprise a unique and important part of the Oswego experience.
Freshman Enrollment from Underrepresented Groups:
• 27% (Includes Asian, Hispanic, African-American, Multicultural and
*African-American, Black: 8%
*Asian American: 5%
*Hispanic, Latino: 11%
*Native American/ Pacific Island: 1%
Freshman Enrollment by Gender:
• Female 52%
• Male 48%
* Middle 50% Range is 86- 92; Mean = 90
Freshman SAT and ACT:
• ACT Composite Range
Middle 50% Range is 22 – 25; Mean = 24
• SAT Range
Middle 50% Range is 1060 – 1200; Mean = 1100
Distribution by major:
* School of Business: 21%
* School of Communication, Media & Arts: 13%
* School of Education: 9%
* Liberal Arts: 15%
* Sciences/ Math/ Computer Science: 26%
* Undeclared: 16%
Enrolling Students Receiving SUNY Oswego Scholarships:
• Percentage of freshmen enrolling with a four-year, renewable, SUNY Oswego scholarship: 40%
• Average per year award: $2,800.00
Enrolling Freshman Students Receiving Need Based Financial Aid:
* Over $84 million in financial aid is awarded annually through various grants, loans and work study allocations.
* 66% of the freshmen class received need based Aid.
Mean SAT and High School GPA for Scholarship Recipients:
• 1252 SAT and 95 GPA: Presidential Scholarship
($4,700 per year award)
210 Freshmen enrolled with the Presidential Scholarship
• 1154 SAT and 93 GPA: Deans Scholarship
($1,500 per year)
132 Freshmen enrolled with the Deans Scholarship
• 1123 SAT and 91 GPA: Merit Scholarship
($750 per year award)
307 Freshmen enrolled with the Merit Scholarship
New York Geographic Distribution:
* Western: 15%
* Capital District: 7%
* Central: 19%
* Northern: 5%
* Southern Tier: 4%
* Lower Hudson: 12%
* New York City: 16%
* Long Island: 18%
* Out of State/ International: 4%
Transfer Enrollment from Underrepresented Groups:
• 81 or 10% (Includes Asian, Hispanic, African American and
Mean Transfer GPA = 3.0
Mean Transfer GPA for Scholarship Recipients:
3.6 GPA & 57+ college credits
120 Transfers awards granted in Fall 2014