PELL Grants

This grant is available to matriculated students  who have not received a Bachelor's degree. You must be citizen or eligible non-citizen, be financially eligible, be in good academic standing and making satisfactory degree progress. Persons required to register with selective service must do so. You may not be in default or owing a repayment on any Title IV program at any institution. 

Award Amounts: The maximum award is $5,550 per year for the 2012-2013 school year. To receive funds, students selected for verification must complete the verification process before funds will be ordered; awards may change as the result of verification. Students not having a valid EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) by their last date  of attendance during the award period forfeit any funds for which they are eligible.

How to Apply: 
File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Be sure to list Oswego State as one of the colleges authorized to receive the information. Oswego's code is 002848.