Aid for Transfer Students

If you have not applied for financial aid for the semesters you will be attending SUNY Oswego, follow the instructions for either the Admission Applicant or Accepted Student. If you have already applied for financial aid, but for another school, read and complete the following checklist:

Transfer your FAFSA information to SUNY Oswego.  Click on "make corrections to a submitted FAFSA"  and add SUNY Oswego to the schools where you want the FAFSA sent. Our Federal Title IV code is 002848Follow the instructions to submit changes.

Transfer your New York State Tap Award to SUNY Oswego.  Go to HESC and select "TAP College or Address Change." Log in and follow the instructions to change the school code to SUNY Oswego.

The SUNY Oswego TAP codes are:
Undergraduate = 0935
Check the status of your application. You will receive a new Student Aid Report (SAR) as a result of your FAFSA. When you receive the Student Aid Report and are accepted for admission, you will be able to check the status of your application at our MyOswego site. Login and click on Financial Aid.

Review the award notice you will receive from HESC to make sure SUNY Oswego is listed as the school you will be attending. Submit all requested information to the Financial Aid Office. You may receive a request for additional information such as your parents' tax returns. You may be asked to complete additional forms. Download the online forms, complete them and submit them to the Financial Aid Office.

Review the SUNY Oswego award letter when you receive it. Carefully read all information sent with your award letter.