Transfer Equivalency Information


If you are looking for an approved Foreign Language General Education course, make sure the course is equivalent to Oswego’s foreign language level 102. Oswego’s foreign language requirement is more rigorous than SUNY’s. In order to meet Gen Ed 2000 requirements, the course needs to be equivalent to the 102 level. The only exceptions to this rule are students who have an articulation agreement due to an approved SUNY 2 year degree. The Records office MUST have an official transcript on file showing your degree posted. If you meet the above criteria, you will need to complete foreign language at the 101 level.

If you are looking for an approved Fine and Performing Arts General Education course, make sure the course(s) add up to a minimum of three (3) credits. Some courses meet the requirement but may only be worth one – two credits, so more than one course may be necessary.

If a course is listed on either of these two sites, and you are transferring the course back to Oswego, you will need to do an off-campus study approval form, but it will only require your signature and your advisor’s signature. If you have any questions regarding either of these websites or the procedure for off-campus study approval, please contact the Registrar's Office at (315)312-2180.

The SUNY ACTS site was de-supported by SUNY in July 2011.  Please use Oswego's Course Equivalency page.

SUNY Approved Gen Ed