Minutes of November 2, 2011
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Present: Bozak, DiMarzo, Hemphill, Morrison, Nichols, Pretzat
- Toilet Talk is planned a semester in advance, but the 12/2 issue will be on study tips and they might be able to get plagiarism/citation information into the issue.
- Magnets were ordered (1000 magnets). How to be distributed? Via Associate Deans with cover letter (see below) What do we do with the extras? Library, OLS, Compass, RAs with cover letter. Perhaps we can expand the image into a bookmark for orientation, and also employ it as digital signage.
- Cover letter contents: Introduce CII; ask that the magnet be placed where you and students can see it; emphasize our website, policy info, online reporting, primer/quiz, best practices and more are on the way. Add 2 Q/R codes (the integrity website, and the Resources/Primer website). Ask for any tips they can offer that we can include in the new Faculty Resources site. Have letter come from the Associate Dean and the CII, to emphasize administration support for academic integrity
- CAI projects update - This is the 20th anniversary of the Center for Academic Integrity. We are institutional members. They have 5 projects as a focus: Accreditation & Integrity; Fundamental Values: Revisiting & Revising; Regional Consortium Development; Academic Integrity Reader; Academic Integrity Rating System. Bozak will share a document on these. Volunteers are welcome on each group and CII members are welcome to (and encouraged) to considered working on one of these.
- Citation obsession article recently distributed (Kurt Schick, Chronicle of Higher Education, 10/30/11) - work with Michael Murphy to craft a policy statement for gen Ed, non-major courses that speaks to the point of the article, which we all support.
- Faculty site: General agreement for the structure proposed. Discussion revolved around adding a flow chart of the process outlined in the campus policy; Add previous year's reports on incidents of misconduct to the reporting section. Emphasize WHY faculty should report - multiple instances of misconduct can lead to intervention. But we need to know about the incidents before we can act. How to structure assignments and exams to discourage cheating: personal connection with assignment, structured assignments, new topics each semester. We should work with Michael Murphy on this.