Minutes of March 21, 2012
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Present: Bozak, Garii, Hemphill, Morrison, Nichols, Pretzat
- Should we have a presence at Orientation? Or would be more effective at, say, 6 weeks into the semester? We agree to wait until there is a group session with library, WAC, others part way into the semester.
- Julie will check on our student to see if she can turn the magnet into a bookmark with QR codes on the ends and the magnet image in the middle.
- Next year we will meet on Mondays at 9am, as Bozak has class on Wednesday mornings.
- How long should we keep information on integrity violations? Judicial has its own retention scheme, so for academic penalties what should our retention be? What are we keeping? Online info, letters to students, other collected info. What timelines are involved?
- We should keep it for 7 years to ensure freshmen incidents are around when the student is a senior.
- Ask Rameen about the timeline for appeals of grade disputes.
- Academic Integrity week? Or a day? a talk? A tshirt? etc?
- Brad Korbesmeyer suggests we need more information on cheating in the primer.
- Middle states wants to meet with some folks: associate deans, me, someone at CTS on nettiquette, etc. Julie will arrange a meeting day/time.
- In 2013 we switch to Blackboard, so that is a new time to change II Quiz, for which we always need more questions.
- Should we redo the AI survey? Yes. Put together a proposal - cost, timeliness - for Fall of 2013, so that we can get in the queue now and not get shutout due to "over surveying" our students.