Minutes of March 21, 2012
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Present: Bozak, Garii, Hemphill, Morrison, Nichols, Pretzat
- Should we have a presence at Orientation? Or would be more effective at, say, 6 weeks into the semester? We agree to wait until there is a group session with library, WAC, others part way into the semester.
- Julie will check on our student to see if she can turn the magnet into a bookmark with QR codes on the ends and the magnet image in the middle.
- Next year we will meet on Mondays at 9am, as Bozak has class on Wednesday mornings.
- How long should we keep information on integrity violations? Judicial has its own retention scheme, so for academic penalties what should our retention be? What are we keeping? Online info, letters to students, other collected info. What timelines are involved?
- We should keep it for 7 years to ensure freshmen incidents are around when the student is a senior.
- Ask Rameen about the timeline for appeals of grade disputes.
- Academic Integrity week? Or a day? a talk? A tshirt? etc?
- Brad Korbesmeyer suggests we need more information on cheating in the primer.
- Middle states wants to meet with some folks: associate deans, me, someone at CTS on nettiquette, etc. Julie will arrange a meeting day/time.
- In 2013 we switch to Blackboard, so that is a new time to change II Quiz, for which we always need more questions.
- Should we redo the AI survey? Yes. Put together a proposal - cost, timeliness - for Fall of 2013, so that we can get in the queue now and not get shutout due to "over surveying" our students.