Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Friday, July 3, 7:40 a.m. - 7:40 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Friday, July 3, 7:37 a.m. - 7:37 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Friday, July 3, 7:38 a.m. - 7:38 a.m.
- For all utility emergencies, notify Facilities and Operations at x3200 and the University Police at x5555.
- If evacuation of the building is required, exit using the stairways. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. Seek out persons needing assistance.
- When mechanical ventilation is interrupted, vapors of chemicals may reach hazardous concentration levels. Laboratory personnel should secure experiments or activities that may present a danger when the electrical power is off or when it is restored unexpectedly. Close sashes on fume hoods and clean up or put away chemicals. Notify the lab supervisor immediately. Do not perform procedures using hazardous materials until power is restored.
Flooding or Water Break
- If flooding occurs, stop using all electrical devices.
- Cease all operations immediately and evacuate the area as soon as possible, notifying others as you leave.
- Do not switch lights on or off. Do not take time to open windows or close doors.
- DO NOT re-enter the building until cleared to do so by University Police or other proper authorities.
People Trapped in Elevator
- If you are trapped, use the emergency phone in the elevator or push the alarm button. Or use a wireless phone to call University Police (315)312-5555. Wait for help to arrive. Remain calm.
- If you discover trapped people, talk to them and try to keep them calm until an officer or other help arrives.
Water Line/Sewer Failure
In the event of a water line/sewer failure, remain calm and follow these steps:
- Notify the University Police at x5555. Advise them of the severity and location of the problem. Indicate if any people or objects are in imminent danger.
- Use extreme caution if any electrical appliances/outlets are near the water. Stop using all electrical equipment.
- If the source of the water is known and you are confident you can stop it safely, (i.e. unclog the drain, turn off the water), do so cautiously.
- Assist with protecting objects from water damage by removing them from the area.
If directed to evacuate, follow the same directions for the building evacuation.