Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
- Be alert and walk purposefully. Confidence may deter attackers.
- Carry a personal alarm or cell, or be prepared to scream "NO!" loudly and get away if threatened.
- Avoid isolated or poorly lit places, especially at night. Walk with a friend, stay with a crowd. Call University Police to assist with monitoring your progress as you walk across campus.
- Be wary of strangers, on foot or in cars, asking directions. BE WILLING TO APPEAR IMPOLITE TO KEEP STRANGERS AT A SAFE DISTANCE. Yell if necessary.
- If someone follows you, go to a place where there are other people.
- Respect your intuition. Do not allow rationality to override your "sixth-sense"---it could protect you from danger.
- Take a self-defense course like RAPE AGGRESSION DEFENSE SYSTEM on campus through University Police
- When you are socializing, play it smart. One drink too many could make you vulnerable. Know your limits and know what you are drinking. Watch your drink to insure something is not slipped into your drink, cigarette of food that can make you vulnerable.