Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
When a spill does occur, it is necessary to take prompt and appropriate action.
Major Spill Procedures
- Notify others in your area that a spill has occurred.
- Evacuate the room, floor or building as necessary. Do not hesitate to pull the fire alarm if necessary to evacuate the building.
- Call 911 from a campus phone to report the spill.
- For flammable materials, turn off all ignition sources.
- Close doors to the area where the spill occurred.
- Limit access to the area.
- Stand by the area outside the building until help arrives, a minimum of 300 feet away.
- Report the spill to your supervisor and to Environmental Health and Safety at x3150.
Provide the following when reporting a spill:
- Personal injuries, if any
- Location of the spill (building and room number)
- Name of material(s) involved (spell clearly and slowly)
- The amount of material spilled
- Immediate actions taken
- How spill occurred (if known or suspected)
- Who first noticed spill and at what time
- Call-back number(s)
Minor Spill Procedures:
- Notify others in the area that a spill has occurred.
- Prevent others from coming in contact with the spilled chemical(s).
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) such as goggles, gloves, etc. before cleanup.
- Try tp prevent spilled chemicals from entering waterways by building a dike around the access points (sink, cup sinks, floor and outside storm drains). Spread absorbent material on and around the spill to absorb the chemical(s).
- Sweep up the absorbed spill from the outside toward the middle. Scoop up and deposit in a leak-proof container. Label and dispose of the container through the hazardous waste management program.
- Wash the contaminated surface with soapy water. Report the spill to Environmental Health and Safety at x3150 and to your supervisor.
Fluorescent Light Fixtures/PCB Awareness--Spills of Leaks from Fluorescent Light Fixtures:
- Caution! Light fixtures manufactured prior to 1980 may have ballasts that contain polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) or mercury.
- Isolate the leak/spill area to prevent people from coming in contact with the spilled material.
- Contact the Facilities and Operations at x3200 for cleanup by trained University personnel.