Information and Procedures Regarding Various Types of Emergencies
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
SUNY Oswego Emergency Preparedness Information
The Web Pages listed below contain a variety of responses and information regarding emergency and hazard response at SUNY Oswego. This is meant to be a quick refererence guide to provide basic essential information in a real emergency. In no way does it replace the detailed and thorough information as provided in the SUNY Oswego Emergency Management Plan.
Emergency Response Plan (8.83MB .pdf)
- As a default response for any emergency not covered remember to notify University Police at (315) 312-5555 or x5555 from any phone in an emergency.
- All of our responses to emergency situations calls for the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Information on the following topics:
- Violent Incidents Involving Firearms and Other Dangerous Behavior (what you should do)
- Emergency Services Phone Numbers
- Other Various Types of Emergencies
- University Response to Terror Alerts
- Homeland Security
- Disaster Protocol for Residence Hall Staff
- Utility Emergency
- Hazardous Materials
- Emergency Procedures: Shooting Situation
- Criminal Violent Behavior
- Shelter-In-Place (Violent Person) Procedures
- Reporting Crime / Threatening Individual
- Emergency Procedures: Bomb Threats
- Emergency Procedures: Suspicious Packages
- Bias Crimes and Prevention
- Emergency Procedures: Serious Injury/Accident
- Mental Health Emergencies
- Sexual Assualt and Sexual Misconduct Information
- Severe Weather - Winter Storm (Snow and Ice)
- Class Cancellations and Snow Plowing Procedures
- Emergency Information (Weather/Snow Plowing)
- Pedestrian Safety
- Personal Safety On Campus
The above web pages are also available in a single printable Adobe pdf file:
Emergency Preparedness Information and Procedures (Adobe pdf 734 KB)
Bomb Threat Procedures/Checklist 255 KB .pdf
Counter Terrorism (Alert Levels)
Oswego, NY 13126