First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
The part-time Mohawk Valley reporter reports to the News Director and will be based in and report on issues from the Mohawk Valley area and other eastern reaches of WRVO's multi-station listening region. This reporter will be responsible for coverage of news in Oneida and Madison Counties. The reporter will produce on-air news reports for broadcast and on-line stories that fit in with WRVO's mission to cover issues of regional significance.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce multiplatform content on a regular basis including -- broadcast news spots, broadcast feature stories and on-line stories
- Pitch story ideas and be responsible for coverage of the reporter's assigned region.
- Gather audio in the field, covering news events and conducting interviews
- Contribute to overall news department's output including social media
- Ability to write for multiple platforms
- Exhibit solid news judgment and ability to perform without supervision, multitask, work under deadline pressure and problem solve
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of current regional news issues
- Participate in station and community-building events
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Minimum two years on-air broadcast news experience
- College degree - Journalism or related field preferred
- Ability to record and gather high-quality audio in the field
- Ability to use audio editing systems, such as Adobe Audition
- Experience writing for broadcast and web
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends, depending on assignment
- Driver's license and ability to drive to news coverage assignments within region
To Apply: Submit electronically cover letter, resume and contact information including names, affiliations, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Official transcripts will be required prior to appointment. WRVO is an Affirmative Action Employer. No phone calls.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender, or sexual orientation.