CAMPUS CONCEPT COMMITTEE
1. A representative of the College Council and
the Student Association President are ex-officio and non-voting
2. Co-chairs, The President shall appoint one
chair; the Faculty Assembly shall select the other chair
3. The College President shall appoint eight
representatives, including administration, classified staff, professional
staff, the Director of Physical Plant, a representative from the Foundation,
and two representatives from Residence Life and Campus Life.
4. The Faculty Assembly shall elect eight
members to the Committee from the voting faculty or the professional staff
group. The first members elected shall serve three-year terms and shall
be voting faculty or staff, one each from the College of Liberal Arts and
Sciences, School of Communication, Media and the Arts, the School of Business,
and the School of Education. The next two elected shall have two-year
terms, and the last two elected shall have one-year terms. After the
initial election, all terms shall be three years.
5. Two student representatives shall be selected
by the Student Association.<o:p></o:p>
1. To provide leadership and coordination for
long-range physical space and facilities planning, which recognizes the primary
academic function of the institution; to assess needs, and to propose
priorities to appropriate governance bodies for the next 10 years.
2. To acquire an institutional perspective
relative to the emerging Campus Concept.
3. To assess current and emerging needs for
facilities renovations through extensive consultation with all appropriate
4. To recommend priorities for action to the
President that are consistent with the long-range plan.
1. The Committee shall prepare and present
periodic reports to the Faculty Assembly and to the College community.
2. Recommendations to the College
administration shall be first reported out to the Faculty Assembly for its