Holiday Skate with the Lakers
$3 admission, skate rental fee of $3. Both men's and women's ice hockey teams will skate and sign autographs. Holiday music, Santa Claus, concessions and a hockey jersey raffle. Proceeds benefit the SEFA/United Way campaign.
Location: Marano Campus Center arena
Sunday, Dec 11, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Graduation ceremony for students completing their baccalaureate and master's degrees fall semester. Free with ticket, including parking. http://www.oswego.edu/student/services/college_store/graduation.html
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, Dec 17, 10 a.m. - noon
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Hamilton
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Ice Arena
Friday, Dec 9, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Women's Basketball vs. Fredonia
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Friday, Dec 9, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
The Tutoring Center provides walk-in and appointment tutoring in the humanities, modern languages, math and sciences, business and accounting, and social sciences. Tutoring for all courses is based on tutor availability each semester. Appointment-based tutoring is limited by tutor availabilty as well. Tutees should come prepared with their class textbook, class notes, as well as any other resources that will help the tutor assist them.
If you wish to attend walk-in tutoring, refer to our schedule page for times and locations. If you prefer to have an appointment, login to Tutortrac with your LakerNet ID and password, and follow the instructions to schedule an appointment. For a more detailed guide to booking appointments, click here.
Courses we Tutor:
The list of courses we tutor can be found here.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, follow this link to our application page. Login using your LakerNet ID and password, then follow the instructions to fill out a "Tutor Application." The following items are required to complete your application:
- An essay expressing why you would like to be a tutor.
- A minimum of two faculty recommendations from the discipline(s) you are applying for. Be advised that it is your responsibility to contact your recommenders. Please supply both of your recommenders with a link to our application page (https://www.oswego.edu/ols-apps/) where they may login to the application.
The tutoring department will contact you if a position is available.
- Follow these links if you would like more information about walk-in tutoring or appointment-based tutoring.
- If you require assistance with writing in your courses, visit our Writing Center.
- Gain study tips and additional knowledge about the Office of Learning Services by downloading The Guide for Tutors and Tutees (PDF: 276KB)