Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Internationally recognized sculptor Coral Penelope Lambert of Alfred University will demonstrate her art, the age-old sculpting and manufacturing technique using molten iron. Free; including parking. 312-2111.
Location: Lot R13, off Iroquois Trail between Oneida Hall and The Village
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Fredonia
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Oct 9, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4:25 p.m. - 4:25 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The Tutoring Center provides walk-in and appointment tutoring in the humanities, modern languages, math and sciences, business and accounting, and social sciences. Tutoring for all courses is based on tutor availability each semester. Appointment-based tutoring is limited by tutor availabilty as well. Tutees should come prepared with their class textbook, class notes, as well as any other resources that will help the tutor assist them.
If you wish to attend walk-in tutoring, refer to our schedule page for times and locations. If you prefer to have an appointment, login to Tutortrac with your LakerNet ID and password, and follow the instructions to schedule an appointment. For a more detailed guide to booking appointments, click here.
Courses we Tutor:
The list of courses we tutor can be found here.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, follow this link to our application page. Login using your LakerNet ID and password, then follow the instructions to fill out a "Tutor Application." The following items are required to complete your application:
- An essay expressing why you would like to be a tutor.
- A minimum of two faculty recommendations from the discipline(s) you are applying for. Be advised that it is your responsibility to contact your recommenders. Please supply both of your recommenders with a link to our application page (https://www.oswego.edu/ols-apps/) where they may login to the application.
The tutoring department will contact you if a position is available.
- Follow these links if you would like more information about walk-in tutoring or appointment-based tutoring.
- If you require assistance with writing in your courses, visit our Writing Center.
- Gain study tips and additional knowledge about the Office of Learning Services by downloading The Guide for Tutors and Tutees (PDF: 276KB)