Family and Friends Weekend begins
The weekend includes events that showcase the scholarly, creative, and athletic talents of SUNY Oswego's students, including outside entertainment for the entire family.
Location: SUNY Oswego campus
Friday, Oct 21, midnight - 11:59 p.m.
Dr. Lewis B. O'Donnell Media Summit
Alumni in the arts and other distinguished panelists will discuss "Digital-Social-Mobile: How Media Trends Impact Theatre, Art and Music." Part of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts Week. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-6612.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Oct 27, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Cortland
Location: Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Oct 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey Scrimmage
Free admission for students with college ID. 3056.
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Saturday, Oct 22, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Friday, Oct 21, 5:12 p.m. - 5:12 p.m.
The Tutoring Center provides walk-in and appointment tutoring in the humanities, modern languages, math and sciences, business and accounting, and social sciences. Tutoring for all courses is based on tutor availability each semester. Appointment-based tutoring is limited by tutor availabilty as well. Tutees should come prepared with their class textbook, class notes, as well as any other resources that will help the tutor assist them.
If you wish to attend walk-in tutoring, refer to our schedule page for times and locations. If you prefer to have an appointment, login to Tutortrac with your LakerNet ID and password, and follow the instructions to schedule an appointment. For a more detailed guide to booking appointments, click here.
Courses we Tutor:
The list of courses we tutor can be found here.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, follow this link to our application page. Login using your LakerNet ID and password, then follow the instructions to fill out a "Tutor Application." The following items are required to complete your application:
- An essay expressing why you would like to be a tutor.
- A minimum of two faculty recommendations from the discipline(s) you are applying for. Be advised that it is your responsibility to contact your recommenders. Please supply both of your recommenders with a link to our application page (https://www.oswego.edu/ols-apps/) where they may login to the application.
The tutoring department will contact you if a position is available.
- Follow these links if you would like more information about walk-in tutoring or appointment-based tutoring.
- If you require assistance with writing in your courses, visit our Writing Center.
- Gain study tips and additional knowledge about the Office of Learning Services by downloading The Guide for Tutors and Tutees (PDF: 276KB)