SUNY Oswego Transfer Services

Commuter Student Resources

There are many students who choose to transfer to SUNY Oswego but not every transfer student decides to live on campus. Some students choose to commute from another city like Syracuse or Watertown or live off campus within the city of Oswego.  Being a commuter student can make your transition even more challenging than normal and may lead you to have more questions than if you were living on campus.  Below is a list of several links and contact information that may be helpful to an Oswego student who has chosen to commute to our campus.

Commuter Resources
Off Campus Housing List - This list is provided by the Student Association and contains local landlord information and their properties. Landlords must be contacted individually to determine if their properties are available.

Official Site of Oswego,NY

City of Oswego Code Enforcement (Includes: Snow removal information and Landlord/Tenant Conflict Resolution
City of Oswego Codebook (If you live in the city, you are responsible for knowing ALL of the city codes. "I didn't know" is not a valid excuse when violating a code or law)

Police Department
Oswego City Police
Emergency: 911

National Grid

Water Department
(315) 343-0111

Waste Removal:
Oswego County Garbage
Energy recovery facility: 2801 state route 481, Fulton, NY 13069
Phone: (315) 591-9280


Time Warner Cable
(315) 343-1208
1 (877) 569 5044


Centro Bus Schedule
Laker Shuttle Schedule
(315) 342-4400

Oswego DMV:

394 E River Rd,
Oswego, New York
(315) 349-8300