Oswego Children's Project Internship Program
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
The Oswego Children's Project is an elementary school based program that works with pre at-risk children in the Oswego City School District through the implementation of play techniques. It is a two semester internship for juniors and seniors. Students start the OCP Program in the fall semester and return for a second semester in the spring. Students earn a total of 6 credits (3 for each semester), once they successfully complete the program.
Applications are available online in March of each year with interviews held in April.
Being an Oswego Children's Project Associate is enlightening and exciting! Your participation will have a direct impact on your life and the lives of the children in the program. You will gain valuable hands-on play therapy techniques that can greatly influence your future career choices.
· Throughout the fall semester, each Child Associate will be trained in the use of play techniques and will volunteer with children at an approved location.
· Upon successfully completing the training in the fall, Child Associates will begin working one-on-one with at-risk children at the Oswego elementary schools in the spring.
· Child Associates will be responsible for completing academic assignments, including case studies that will coincide with hands-on experience.
· Each Child Associate will keep a journal of their personal experience, thoughts, and reflections throughout their training and role as a Child Associate.
· A minimum overall GPA of 2.5
· Junior or Senior standing at the time of the experience.
· Willingness to make a full year commitment to the program (fall and spring semesters).
- Transportation (as you will be assigned to any one of the 4 elementary schools within the city of Oswego)
Preferred Prerequisite Courses:
· CPS 310 (Intro. to Counseling)
· CPS 391 (Intro. To Family Systems)
· PSY 320 or 322 (Child/Adolescent Psychology)
Thinking about a career in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Services?
Then think about the Oswego Children's Project!
"My students really loved their college buddies. It was a very good program again this year!"
- Oswego City School District Teacher
"I loved this experience. So glad I did it."
-Former Child Associate
"It has opened my eyes to this field and now I can certainly say that I am considering it as a career choice. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity!!"
-Former Child Associate