Walt Disney World Internships
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
SUNY Oswego students have the opportunity to spend a semester in Orlando Florida while interning full-time at Walt Disney World. Students can earn academic credit during the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters (see the academic requirements below). The program is intended for Juniors and Seniors. The Walt Disney World College program provides students with paid internships at a variety of locations throughout their resort. Disney internship program participants have the opportunity to advance their strengths and interests, meet guests and cast members from around the world and take part in educational opportunities not available anywhere else. Company sponsored housing is available to all Walt Disney World Internship students at a reasonable weekly rate.
SUNY Oswego's Internship guidelines for earning academic credit are as follows (Disney does not require interns to be registered for credit):
First Year and Sophomores should consider the following options since they are only eligible to receive 3 credits:
- Register for GST 303 for 3 credits and take an additional 3 classes (9 credits) 'on-line' to remain a full-time student
- Register for only GST 303 for 3 credits and become a part-time student
- Do the internship, but for 0 credits
- Ask for deferred acceptance (if that is still possible) so that the internship can be completed as a Junior or Senior when you would qualify to earn a full 12 credit hours for the internship
Juniors and Seniors can earn up to 12 credits:
- Student must be a Junior or Senior
- Student must have completed at least two full-time semesters at SUNY Oswego
- A 2.5 overall GPA is required
- There are no exceptions to the above internship requirments
- Students who do not meet the above requirements will be able to earn 3 credits for GST 303 and will not qualify as full-time students unless they enroll in additional on-line courses
Visit the Walt Disney World College Program Web Site for full details on the internship program.