Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
2014 Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service
June 7 - August 1, 2014
Priority Deadline: February 10th
Are you ready to make a difference in the community this summer? Spend your summer in Washington, DC with the insitute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service and you will:
- Intern in some of Washington, DC's most exciting nonprofit organizations
- Take courses for credit with distinguished faculty members
- Live in furnished housing in downtown Washington
- Serve through hands projects that affect change in the community
Scholarship Funding Available
Over 80% of students in IPVS receive scholarship funding to spend their summer living, learning, interning, and serving in DC.
Visit www.DCinternships.org/IPVS to learn more and start an online application!
The Natinal Student Leadership Conference is looking for motiveated undergraduate students to work as site assistants for our summer programs. Site assistants work mainly in an office setting but also run errands, assist with setting up programs and work with students. If applicants have any questions or concerns, please email James Rode at email@example.com.
What do Massachusetts Campus Compact AmeriCorps*VISTAs do during their year of service?
- build the capacity for sustainable campus-community partnerships for education along the K-12+ pipeline
- break down barriers to access and success in education
- prepare college students to serve more effectively in communities
- identify new resources for partnerships
- implement effective outreach and family-engagement programs within the local schools & community
- create tracking, assessment, & evaluation mechanisms for campus-community partnerships
- engage with a dynamic network of peers all year
- participate in significant training and professional development opportunities
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and Names, Titles, Addresses, Emails, and Phone numbers of four (4) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so apply early! Telephone interviews will begin in mid-MARCH.
**All positions contigent on final approval by the Corporation or National Community Service (CNCS).
Applicants subject to a two-layered criminal background check by the CNCS**
The Corporation for National Community Service & Massachusetts Campus Compact is an Equal Opportunity Employer