Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
- Description: This trail, exhibiting the full range of natural succession, passes through hedgerows and young woodlands, a spruce and pine plantation, skirts Hilton Pond, passes through an open field, crosses a stone fence, and then takes the hiker into a mature hardwood forest community.
- Distance: 1.5 km [.93 miles]
- Trail Blaze: There may still be remnants of the old red triangle blazes.
- Location: The trail begins just east of the maintenance shed on the north side of the parking area, proceeds north and east, then west for a short distance, returning south to its finish at the herb garden.
- Full range of succession from mown field to stabilized old-growth hardwood forest
- Characteristics of an evergreen plantation
- Norway Spruce established with the field station in the 1960's
- Contrast in meadow between mown section and natural area
- Bench at overlook area atop drumlin with sweeping views of meadows below
- Contrast between second-growth forest and old-growth forest 100 years old
- Remnants of farm use prior to 1955:
- Stone fence
- Farm pond
- Plant and animal life at Hilton Pond, a former farm pond
Raised walkway over a seasonal brook through the mature woodland