Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Monday, Oct 5, 7:18 a.m. - 7:18 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Description: This trail traverses the drumlin ridge and slopes, passes through fallow fields and young woodlands, an evergreen plantation, and then takes the hiker into a mature hardwood forest community at the northeast corner of the property. This trail is the only one open for bicycling.
- Distance: 3.2 km [2 miles]
- Trail Blaze: There may still be remnants of the old orange XC blazes.
- Location: The trail begins off of the red trail just east of the garage on the north side of the parking area, proceeds east and north, then west along a downhill meandering slope connecting with the blue trail headed east and returning south to its finish at the start.
- Full range of succession
- Remnants of abandoned orchards
- Characteristics of an evergreen plantation
- Scotch Pines established at the same time as the field station in the 1960's
- Contrast between second-growth forest and old-growth forest 100 years old
- Evidence of glacial activity along the drumlin's ridge
- Stonewalls and hedgerows
- Highest point on the property at approximately 400 feet above sea level