Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Friday, July 3, 10:37 p.m. - 10:37 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Friday, July 3, 10:39 p.m. - 10:39 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Friday, July 3, 10:40 p.m. - 10:40 p.m.
Interested in becoming a Peer Advisor for the 2015-2016 school year?
Please review our First Year Peer Advisement Job description.
Once you've read the job description please apply here!
What is a First Year Peer Advisor?
A First Year Peer Advisor is a student who works closely to provide academic and emotional support to an assigned group of First Year Students.
What are the requirements?
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Commitment to position from August 2015 - May 2016
- Available on Date and Time TBA meetings during fall 2015 and spring 2016
- Attend our Kick Off Training/Reception in April in the Campus Center Auditorium. (a Light Reception will be served afterwards in the Campus Center Food Court)
What are your responsibilities?
- Support your assigned academic area and associated faculty throughout the academic year.
- Provide First Year Students with academic, personal, and emotional support throughout their first year at Oswego.
- Help First Year Students feel comfortable at SUNY Oswego.
- Assist First Year Students with the transition from high school to college.
- Encourage First Year Students to get involved in the campus community.
- Make decisions that are in mutual interest of First Year Students and the college.
- Act as a resource to help First Year Students find appropriate college services.
- Maintain First Year Students' confidentiality.
- Maintain contact with First Year Students throughout the year.
- Attend and complete all coursework for GST 304. (Course runs throughout both the fall and spring.)
- Complete 120 hours of Peer Advisement related activities throughout the year, 10 of which must be community service.
For more information about First Year Peer Advisement, contact:
Coordinator of New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation
145 Campus Center
Oswego, NY 13126
Phone: (315) 312-3675