Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Mid-term Grades will be posted for FirstChoice courses and some select courses that are primarily for First Year Students, such as CSC 101/102, ENG 102, CHE 209, MAT 102, PSY 100, and ECO 101. You may view your mid-term grades through myOswego on October 21,2011. To view your mid-term grades
Log into myOswego
Click "Undergraduate Degree Student Registration."
Click "Display Mid-term Grades."
Select "Fall 2011" from dropdown menu.
If you have received information that you have one or more grades below a C at mid-term you are at risk for being placed on Academic Warning at the end of this semester. The fact is that very few First Year Students who end up on academic warning successfully return for their sophomore year. We want to help you turn it around now so you can get back on track.
Students can end up on Academic Warning for the following reasons:
1. Semester grade point average is below a 2.0
2. Did not complete 12 credits of study in this semester
3. Did not pass 9 credit hours this semester
You can find out more about these standards in your college catalog.
Procedures for First Year Students with a Mid-term Grade below a C in Fall 2011
If your First Year Advisor and you have both been notified that you are at risk due to your Mid-term Grades. You need to do the following:
1. Meet with your First Year Advisor by November 5, 2011, to come up with a strategy for the rest of the semester.
Note: The last day to withdraw from a class without documentation is October 28 2011. This may have serious financial implications if you will be completing less than 12 credits. If are considering withdrawing from a class you should contact the financial aid office.
2. Speak to your professors about your grades and what you can do to be more successful in their class.
3. Meet regularly with your First Year Advisor to find out other strategies to succeed.
4. Please review the resources on the Compass Academic Skills Website. It will link you to specific skills and it discusses ways you can maximize your efforts, in order to attain academic excellence.
5. "How To Get Good Grades in College," booklet is available to all First Year Advisors through the First Year Programs Office. It has 10 detailed steps to help students receive and maintain good grades in college. Students, if you are interested in receiving a copy please have your First Year Advisor contact email@example.com