Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
What MUST be done before meeting with your First Year Advisor in order to get registration PIN
- Meet with your Peer Advisor and review the list below.
- If you are undeclared or considering a double major or minor review major requirements. Use the catalog or the degreeworks "what if" to review course options.
- Review your DegreeWorks Audit and Gen Ed requirements to make sure any courses you are transferring have been received (NOTE: Your High School Foreign Language must be on your DegreeWorks Audit in order to take the next level). Also, make sure your AP and College transfer credits are indicated on your audit. If not you need to contact the college board for AP credits and/or the institution granting the college credit to have OFFICIAL transcripts sent to the registrars office.
- Many questions can be answered at the following website. http://www.oswego.edu/administration/registrar/onlinebulletin.html
- Tips and Tricks for Registering
- How to search for courses
- Registration Error messages and codes
- Prerequisite Policies
- Log into myOswego and check the following:
- The official date and time to that YOU are eligible to register. This is based on the number of completed and transferred credit you have.
- Check to make sure you don't have any HOLDS so that you can take care of them before you are eligible to register.
- Fill out three trial schedules using DIFFERENT courses for each. Alternatives are a must.
- Note the following for each course:
- CRN (5 digit course number starting with 9)
- Time of courses (other sections that might work are helpful too)
- What requirement they meet.
***If you need help with making some trial schedules contact your Peer Advisor or Mentor
Searching For Classes
- Review your DegreeWorks Audit. There are links directly to course availability from each requirement that you still need to complete.
- You can use the Course Availability link if it is not your time to register. Make sure you check the online site often because course times or rooms might change.
- You can search by Subject, Instructor, or Attribute Type.
- To use the Attribute Type search, click on each category while holding down the Ctrl button and it will give you all General Education courses that are available in the areas selected.
- **Make 3 different schedules in case you get closed out of the courses you choose.
- Check each day prior to registering to keep updated on the course status. This helps when it comes time to register because you will already know which courses are still open and which are already closed.
- Make sure to check if a course has prerequisites. Prerequisites are courses you must have taken before you are allowed take that particular course. If you don't have the prerequisite you will not be able to register for the class and you will not have the background to be successful in the class.
- When it comes time to register make sure you have all of your CRN's (Course Registration Number) written down. It is easier to type in the CRN rather than to search each class by subject. Time is of an essence because over 1000 other students will be trying to register for classes at the same time as you! The more prepared you are the better chance you have to get the classes you want!
Registering for Classes
- Go to http://myoswego.oswego.edu/
- Use your Laker Net ID and Password (your email information)
- Click on Registration, then Undergraduate Student Registration
- Scroll down to Add/Drop Classes and click on it.
- Select the term you want to register for and press submit.