Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
What MUST be done before meeting with your Advisor in order to get your registration PIN.
- 3 possible majors in rank order of preference. Use the catalog to narrow down some ideas. Use Record of Progress Forms to help you determine what is required for each major.
- Review CAPP report and Gen Ed requirements to make sure any courses you are transferring have been received (NOTE: Any previously taken Foreign Language must be on your CAPP in order to take the next level)
- Log into myOswego and check the following:
Access (Make sure you know your password. If you are shut out, please contact the Registrars Office in 301 Culkin at x2136 to get back in)
Actual time that you are eligible to register will depend on the number of credits completed and your last name. This semester does not count!
Many questions can be answered in the Online Bulletin.
Check to make sure you don’t have any holds on your myOswego account.
- Fill out three trial schedules using DIFFERENT courses for each. Alternatives are a must. Click here for blank trial schedules.
- Note the following for each course:
CRN (5 digit course number starting with 9)
Time of courses (other sections that might work are helpful too)
What requirement they meet.
***If you need help with making some trial schedules contact your Peer Advisor or Transfer Mentor***
Tips for Searching for Classes on MyOswego
How to Log on:
Log in - *User ID is your ID number.
Once you are logged in, click on Registration.
Scroll down to Add/Drop Classes and click on it.
Select Spring 2012 then submit.
Searching for Classes
Check out Record of Progress Forms for majors you might be interested in and their requirements.
You can use Course Availability if it is not your time to register. Make sure you check the online site often because course times or rooms might change.
You can search by Subject, Instructor, or Attribute Type.
- To use the Attribute Type search, click on each category while holding down the Ctrl button and it will give you all General Education courses that are available in the areas selected.
- Make 3 different schedules in case you get closed out of the courses you choose. Click here for blank trial schedules.
Check each day prior to registering to keep updated on the course status. This helps when it comes time to register because you will already know which courses are still open and which are already closed.
Make sure to check if a course has prerequisites. Prerequisites are courses you must have taken before you are allowed take that particular course. If you don’t have the prerequisite you will not have the background to be successful in the class.
When it comes time to register check the course availability page to be sure the courses you have chosen are still open and that you have all of your CRN’s (Course Registration Number) written down. It is easier to type in the CRN rather than to search each class by subject.