Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) at SUNY Oswego fosters the increase of historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged students in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or the licensed professions (http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/) as well as preparation towards a post-baccalaureate education. This program provides a structured network of services to intellectually prepare and empower our scholars as leaders in their communities and future professions.
CSTEP Scholars Program at SUNY Oswego will provide an unmatched academic experience with a strong culture for intellectual growth, academic achievement, social and personal development, and skills building environment supported by structured network of activities which will lead to excellence and preparedness. Our scholars are served by professional staff in promoting our scholars full potential towards their future career endeavors.
CSTEP at SUNY Oswego is centered in 4 pillars:
- Opportunities for Academic Growth
- Summer Online Program
- Academic advisement
- Individual tutoring
- Academic progress and assistance with early intervention
- Study skills and time management workshops
- Academic achievement awards ceremony and recognition campus wide and statewide
- Educational experiences beyond the classroom - Short and long term study abroad programs
- Professional Development Activities
- Career and employment development
- Job shadowing
- Resume writing workshops
- Assistance with Summer Internships and REUs applications
- Interview skills
- Attendance at career fairs in CNY
- Seminars by guests speakers
- Professional Development Workshops off campus
- Mentoring with SUNY Oswego faculty and alumni
- Social and Personal Development
- Attendance and participation in CSTEP related activities
- the Annual CSTEP Student Conference poster presentation
- participation at CSTEP recruitment events on and off campus
- Participation in campus leadership role/activity
- Access to social and cultural events
- Preparation for Graduate School Program
- Undergraduate research projects and opportunities with SUNY Oswego faculty,
- GRE, GMAT, LSAT and MCAT exam preparation,
- Assistance with graduate school application
- Assistance with fellowship and scholarship application.
How to Join
Joining CSTEP is easy. To be a member in CSTEP you must be:
- A resident of New York state.
- Historically underrepresented in math, science, technology, and health-related fields.
- A full-time student in good academic standing pursing a degree in an eligible major(see list here).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
If you meet these guidelines simply:
- Pick up an application from the CSTEP office located in 171 Campus Center.
- Complete and submit application.
- CSTEP staff will review your application and notify you via email for an interview.