On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Thursday, May 5, 9:38 a.m. - 9:38 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Study Carrel Application Procedures
Study carrels may be checked out for the entire summer at the 2nd Floor Service Desk.
The primary function of study carrels is to provide students, faculty, and professional staff with space in the library for their study and research.
Day carrels are located on the second floor of the library. Keys checked out from the 2nd Floor Service Desk are due at closing. Keys should not be taken from the library.
Semester carrels are located on the second and third floors. They are assigned at the beginning of each semester on a first-come-first-served basis. Special arrangements can be made by individuals with special needs.
- Semester Carrels are assigned for one semester. The carrel assignee retains the key for the whole semester.
- Carrel keys should be returned to the 2nd Floor Service Desk before 4:00 PM on the last day of this semester. An overdue fine of $.25 per day will be charged for a key returned late. If the key is not returned or lost key paid for by the due date, you will be fined and ineligible for a carrel in the following semester.
- The library does not have duplicate keys. If a key is lost, the assignee will not have access to his/her carrel until the key is replaced. A non-refundable fee of $10.00 will be charged for key replacement.
Non-compliance may result in the loss of study carrel privileges.
- Only signed out materials may be left in carrels. Although the library will make every effort to respect your privacy, carrels are checked occasionally for missing library materials or routine maintenance.
- The assignee is responsible for removing food and trash from his/her carrel. Trash containers are located nearby.
- Library furnishings such as step stools, extra chairs, or wastebaskets should not be taken into carrels.
- The Library is not responsible for personal belongings left in the carrels.