Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL GRANTS
- International Travel Grant Information Memo (.pdf file)
- International Travel Grant Application (MS Word)
Below please find the Travel Grant Payment Form. To receive your grant fill in the enclosed Travel Grant Payment Form and return it to the OIEP after you have completed your travel. You must include with the form (1) copies of receipts for lodging, transportation, and meals; and (2) evidence of conference presentation, exhibition, performance, lecture, etc; or (3) a brief report of activities, if you were awarded a grant to develop a course with an overseas academic component or do research, or bring international themes into the curriculum.
Your grant check will be ready to be picked up in the OIEP within approximately two weeks of the submission of the payment form and documentation. If you have any questions about the amount of your grant or what you are required to do to receive it, please do not hesitate to contact me via phone (x2118) or e-mail.(email@example.com).
- Travel Grant Payment Form (.pdf file)
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR
You are invited to apply to participate in the inaugural SUNY Oswego / CAPA faculty professional development seminar to London, UK occurring during spring recess in March 2014. Details and application procedures are below:
Analysis and Exploration of the Global City, with the following sessions (tentative):
London as a Global City
Exploring the Urban
Writing the City
Art in London
Creativity and the Urban Landscape
Tradition and Change
Program details (tentative) and application instructions:
- Seminar dates: March 15-21, 2014;
- Hotel accommodation in London from March 16-21 is provided (tentatively planned for the Bailey's Millennium);
- Round-trip airfares provided (international and domestic transfers);
- Daily meal stipend provided;
- Seminar sessions and tours provided, as well as several receptions and group meals, provided by CAPA International Education's London Centre;
- To apply: submit a current CV and 2-page (approx.) statement of purpose explaining how the London seminar will help you develop your knowledge to further enhance internationalization at SUNY Oswego. Feel free to propose development of new courses and/or new faculty-led programs abroad, enhancement of your scholarly and creative activities, and other areas of interest to your development and the enhancement of SUNY Oswego's international education.
- Up to six (6) SUNY Oswego faculty will be selected
- Submit CV and statements to OIEP director, Joshua McKeown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to submit applications: February 10, 2014
The week's seminar in London is the gift of SUNY Oswego alumnus John Christian (Class of 1989), who is President and CEO of CAPA International Education. He has generously donated funds to SUNY Oswego to promote international education, including student scholarships for study abroad and this faculty development seminar.
WAYS FACULTY WORK WITH OIEP
- Faculty and OIEP
SUMMER TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES IN KOREA
SUNY Oswego faculty are invited to teach in South Korea this summer at one of two SUNY Oswego partner universities. Opportunities exist in all disciplines and generous compensation, including airfare and housing, are included by our Korean partners.
If interested, please contact Josh McKeown, Director of International Education and Programs (email@example.com) for additional information.
Taejin Jung from Communication Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) is an additional resource to answer your questions about the universities, and about living in South Korea for the summer.
1. Hanyang University, Seoul
Teaching opportunities in: Humanities, business (all areas), economics, global & international studies, media & communication, art, graphic design, physics, chemistry, biological sciences, mathematics, history, psychology, and others.
Minimum of 5 students must accompany you
Dates: July (4 weeks)
Language of instruction: English
Airfare: paid by Hanyang University
Housing: provided (university guest house)
Compensation: $5,000 for teaching and advising
2. Kyungpook National University (KNU), Daegu
Teaching opportunities in all disciplines. Does not require students to accompany you. Teaching assistant provided.
Dates: late June - late July (4 weeks)
Language of instruction: English
Airfare: paid by KNU
Housing: provided in faculty apartments