Costs Awards Housing and Meals

Costs Awards Housing and Meals

  Costs      Scholarships   On-Campus Housing       Meal Plans     Off Campus Housing

Costs: A breakdown on tuition, fees, room and board for one semester can be viewed at Student Accounts

Scholarships: Eligibility criteria for scholarships can be viewed at Merit Scholarships

On Campus Housing

International first year undergraduate students are required to live on campus for two years. Transfer students are required to live on campus for the fall through spring semesters.  Married students and students over 21 years old may file for an exemption to live on campus.

Students may choose to live in any of the residence halls except  the Village which is for upper classroom who have lived on campus for the prerequired number of semesters. Most international students choose to live in the Hart Hall Global Living and Learning Center a unique residential community that is focussed on academic excellence and social responsibility within a global context. Each floor has a Graduate Resident Mentor and a Faculty Resident Mentor to assist students with their academic and social matters. Each floor has a lounge, kitchennette, study lounge and wireless internet.

Residents of Hart Hall are required to register into a one credit IST190/390 course each semester. This course requires attendance at six events out of hundreds of events per semester and writing a one page double spaced reaction paper for each of the six events  or participating in a discussion, if one is held after the event. Students also complete 10 hours of approved community service each semester.

Campus Dining Meal Plans

Students living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan that can be used at any one of several dining halls. They can also purchase laker dining dollars. Students can choose their meal plans.

Off-Campus Housing

Upon completion of their on-campus residency requirement, students may elect to live off campus. There are affordable housing options for students within walking distance or a short bus ride from the SUNY Oswego Campus. The local newspaper the Palladium-Times lists rentals in their classified section and the ISSS office has a list of local landlords.  Agreement or leases between landowners and student/tenant(s) are private contracts. The college assumes no obligation for damages, payment of rent or resolving differences between tenants and landowners. Students are indiviually responsible for their actions under municipal, state, and federal laws. Students are advised to read the terms of the lease carefully, understand the obligations, maintain the property or the deposit may be forfeited and obtain a copy of the lease