Temporary STEM Enrichment Teacher
Job Title: STEM Enrichment Teacher
Employer: Natural STEM Enrichment, a subsidiary of Baltimore Woods Nature Center, Inc.
Status: Seasonal (School Year), Non Exempt
Purpose: Natural STEM Enrichment (NSE) is committed to reversing the current trend of student achievement in underperforming urban elementary schools. NSE provides high-quality enrichment to students in grades K-5 as a regular part of the formal school day. Working with urban school district partners, we strive to dramatically improve the outcomes for student learning for STEM-based content.
Essential Job Functions:
The STEM Enrichment Teachers works with the Site Coordinators to deliver K-5 STEM curriculum for underperforming urban schools, with a strong focus on active learning exercises.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
• Delivery of daily, high-quality STEM enrichment for K-5 students at participating urban schools.
• Provide feedback on lesson materials aligned with Common Core Standards for K-5 STEM.
• Participate in trainings, professional development opportunities and school team meetings as well as student evaluation reports.
• Submit supply needs to Site Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Report daily progress, success, concerns, incidents and issues to Site Coordinator.
• Follow appropriate protocol for reporting incidents and disciplinary issues to the school.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience creating predictable structure for students without inhibiting their creativity.
• Significant experience in STEM education.
• Robust and diverse toolkit of classroom management approaches.
• Problem-solver, effective communicator, collaborator.
• Outdoor education experience is a plus.
• Ability to keep focused on long-term goals and put setbacks in perspective.
• Must be eligible to work in the US.
Education and/or Experience:
• NYS Teaching Certification preferred
• Proven experience with multiple grade levels of instruction
• Bachelors Degree in STEM-related or education field preferred
Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted and complete background checks.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Along with your resume, please provide… 1. A cover letter including a brief explanation of why you are pursuing a job in STEM enrichment. 2. References Please send to Patty(at)baltimorewoods.org
130 total views, 1 today