Full-Time STEM Enrichment Site Coordinator
Job Title: STEM Enrichment Site Coordinator
Employer: Natural STEM Enrichment, a subsidiary of Baltimore Woods Nature Center, Inc.
Status: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Purpose: Natural STEM Enrichment (NSE) is committed to reversing the current trend of student achievement in underperforming urban elementary schools. NSE provides high-quality enrichment to students in grades K-5 as a regular part of the formal school day. Working with urban school district partners, we strive to dramatically improve the outcomes for student learning for STEM-based content.
Essential Job Functions:
The STEM Enrichment Site Coordinator works with the Program Coordinator to develop K-5 STEM curriculum for underperforming urban schools, with a strong focus on active learning exercises.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
• Develop curriculum for daily, high-quality STEM enrichment for K-5 students at participating urban schools.
• Collaborate with Program Coordinator to oversee STEM Educational Enrichment team at assigned school.
• Provide on-site leadership for team logistics and performance.
• Prepare project-based lesson materials aligned with Common Core Standards for K-5 STEM.
• Oversee team’s participation in trainings, professional development opportunities and school team meetings as well as student evaluation reports.
• Collect team’s supply needs and submit to Program Coordinator for ordering in a timely manner.
• Attend joint faculty/education enrichment team meetings.
• Serve as part of the STEM Educational Enrichment team delivering lessons at assigned school.
• Report daily progress, success, concerns, incidents and issues to Program Coordinator.
• Oversee the assigned schools STEM Educational Enrichment team’s following appropriate protocol for reporting incidents and disciplinary issues to the school.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated commitment to improving K-5 STEM learning outcomes in urban schools.
• Demonstrated experience with project-based learning and “flipped classroom” instruction.
• Experience creating predictable structure for students without inhibiting their creativity.
• Significant experience in STEM education program design.
• Robust and diverse toolkit of classroom management approaches.
• Problem-solver, effective communicator, collaborator, and demonstrated team leader.
• Experience managing and coaching teachers.
• Outdoor education experience is a plus.
• Ability to keep focused on long-term goals and put setbacks in perspective.
• Must be eligible to work in the US.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum three years STEM teaching experience
• NYS Teaching Certification preferred
• Proven experience with multiple grade levels of instruction and curriculum design
• Masters Degree in STEM-related or education field preferred
Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted and complete background checks.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Along with your resume, please provide… 1. A cover letter including a brief explanation of why you are pursuing a job in STEM enrichment. 2. References 3. Samples of STEM enrichment or STEM education projects you have participated in, including ones you have played a leadership role in. Please send to Patty(at)baltimorewoods.org
180 total views, 1 today