Other Graduate Assistant for Evening and Weekend Operations, Event Management Office
Department of Campus Life
The Event Management Office is a division of the Department of Campus Life. The staff and students who work within the Event Management Office are responsible for the daytime, evening, and weekend operations of the Campus Center. The Event Management Office staff is responsible for reservations, event planning, and event support for events hosted on campus. In addition to the Campus Center, the staff provides support for events in Hewitt Union and Sheldon Hall as needed.
The Graduate Assistant for Evening and Weekend Operations is responsible for:
- Direct supervision of the student Building Manager staff
- Working collaboratively with the Event Support Assistant to provide evening and weekend event coverage and support
- Developing an extensive working knowledge of audio visual equipment used at events as well as building functions as a whole
- Assisting in special projects, departmentally coordinated events, and committees as assigned by supervisor
The successful candidate will present evidence of the following:
- Full matriculation into a graduate program at SUNY Oswego, enrolled in no more than 9 credit hours per semester.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in a style that effectively communicates information to students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a professional team.
- Ability to use computer word-processing, desktop publishing, and other software programs.
- Organizational skills, effective time management skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and high levels of integrity, energy, and enthusiasm.
The Graduate Assistant for Evening and Weekend Operations is expected to work twenty (20) hours per week, excluding applicable holidays, during the term of appointment. The term of appointment runs from two weeks prior to the first day of classes in Fall 2016 to May 31, 2017, excluding academic recesses.
Applications will be accepted until position has been filled. Submit letter of application, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references to:
Ms. Megan MacDonald, Event Coordinator
135 Campus Center, Oswego, NY 13126
*Position pending final budget approval.