Employer Relations Graduate Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Employer Relations Graduate Assistant:
The Internship and Cooperative Education (Co-op) offices are Experiential Learning offices in the Division of Academic Affairs located in the Compass. The Employer Relations Graduate Assistant will assist and support the Internship Project Coordinator and the Director of Cooperative Education in the area of employer recruitment, outreach and administration.
· Assist with employer relations functions and major employment programs.
· Assist in the management of the recruiting program including creating and managing employer accounts and job postings, conduct workshops, and assist students with access to information.
· Contact potential new and returning employers in the region and nationwide for on-campus recruiting, site visits
· Assist with faculty relations.
· Assist with major events, including career fairs, informational sessions, guest speakers, workshops, admission and orientation events etc.
· Participate in regular employer outreach group meetings.
· Promote online tools (Lakerleads,)
· Maintain employer databases and generate reports as needed.
· Provide individual job search assistance.
· Other Duties as assigned
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
· Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and strong organizational skills
· Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point and Excel
· Social media skills Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
· Motivated, Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to analyze data, written reports, and business correspondence
· Detailed oriented, capable of developing presentations and marketing materials
This position requires a commitment of 20 hours a week. The position will run starting February, 2014 to May 2014. Graduate Assistants are considered 1/2 time professional staff and will take no more that 9 credit hours per semester. Remuneration includes 6cr hours of a tuition waiver and a stipend for the semester. Additional benefits include: health insurance available, free employee parking, 10% off new textbooks from the college store and opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
Director of Cooperative Education
431 total views, 1 today