Program Assistant for Summer Intensive English Program
State University of New York at Oswego
Program Assistant – Summer Intensive English Program
The Division of Extended Learning at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications for a program assistant for the Summer Intensive English Program (Summer 2013).
The Summer Intensive English Program is designed for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as working professionals. Students will develop and improve English language skills through four hours of course instruction per day (Monday-Friday) through listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, grammar and writing. Students will be given daily homework assignments, quizzes and finals. Students may participate in optional tutoring sessions scheduled in the evenings. Students will receive college credits and a certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course. Students will also go on two weekend trips (to NYC and Boston) and a day trip to Niagara Falls. The mission of this program is to provide students with an environment that ensures they will have an enjoyable and productive learning experience.
The program assistant will support the program coordinator leading up to and throughout the duration of the program, including a few days prior to the program start. Responsibilities of the program assistant will, include but are not limited to:
- Airport pickup (must complete SUNY Oswego van training)
- Orientation preparations
- Pre-arrival preparations
- Yearbook preparation
- Graduation preparation
- PowerPoint presentations
- Accompany group(s) on weekend trips to NYC, Niagara Falls, and Boston
- Prepare and lead various group activities
- Report daily to the Program Coordinator
- Duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
- Student working towards a degree related to the study of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- A keen desire to gain valuable experience in the TESOL arena
- Experience with detail oriented programs
- Punctual, with a positive, go-getter attitude
- Sensitive to cultural differences
The program assistant would be expected to work from June 17, 2013 – August 4, 2013 (approximate dates—are subject to change).
The successful candidate will receive a stipend relative to the hours worked and responsibilities managed, as well as on campus accommodation and meals.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by February 3, 2013 to Ebru Altay in the Division of Extended Learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
710 total views, 2 today