NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Office of Learning Services Graduate Assistant/Tutor Employment Description
The Office of Learning Services (OLS) is charged with the provision of tutoring services for the SUNY Oswego campus and is comprised of the Writing, Learning, and Math & Natural Sciences Tutoring Centers. Professional OLS staff includes the Director, the Coordinator of the Math & Natural Sciences Center, the Math Specialist, the Learning Specialist, and the Writing Specialist. OLS employs two graduate assistants to assist in all areas of the tutoring operation.
Tutoring Services are delivered using a predominantly peer-tutor model with over 100 peer tutors who serve more than 1000 SUNY Oswego students each semester. OLS also employs undergraduate student workers as desk attendants, lab attendants, and main office workers.
• Promote a student-centered environment that is professional and supportive.
• Provide 8-10 hours of tutoring per week in courses aligned with your discipline of
• Involvement and participation in all tutor training activities
• Provide supplemental information and referrals to students utilizing tutoring
• Compile departmental data for annual reports
• Participate in staff meetings and activities
• Development of a professional development project associated with tutoring services
• Provide campus wide marketing and promotional materials
• Perform general office duties
• Applicants MUST be a matriculated, full time graduate student by fall 2013.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be available 20 hours per week, including some nights and/or weekends
• Experience in tutoring undergraduate level courses
• Experience with the use of Excel and Word for statistical data entry and report
• Ability to master the use of new software.
For more information please contact the Office of Learning Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-2571.
How to ApplyPlease copy and paste the following URL to the browser in order to submit your application: https://docs.google.com/a/oswego.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGFUUHFmaFhoWWVtRFJpdmJGNlg0dUE6MQ#gid=0 If the application requires you to log in, please use your LakerNet ID and password.
728 total views, 1 today