Graduate Assistant for Evening and Weekend Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Event Management Office is a division of the Department of Campus Life. The staff and students who work within the Event Management Office are responsible for the daytime, evening, and weekend operations of the Campus Center. The Event Management Office staff is responsible for reservations, event planning, and event support for events hosted on campus. In addition to the Campus Center, the staff provides support for events in Hewitt Union and Sheldon Hall as needed.
1. Primary work hours: evenings from 6pm – close on weekdays; and weekends.
2. Supervision of Building Manager Staff (including but not limited to):
• Have an understanding of the essential functions and expectations of the student Building Manager staff
• Coordinate recruitment of student staff – collect and review applications, schedule and conduct interviews, provide follow up with candidates, complete all necessary paperwork as required (including hiring forms)
• Assist in the development of Building Manager training. Revise and update training materials as needed each semester
• Schedule Building Managers for regular coverage at the Welcome Center and for special events as needed
• Process Building Manager payroll
• Conduct monthly staff meetings
• Supervise and evaluate Building Manager performance
3. Work collaboratively with the student Event Support Assistant to provide evening and weekend coverage.
4. Develop extensive knowledge of the Campus Center complex, Sheldon Hall and Hewitt Union.
5. Develop working knowledge of audio-visual equipment.
6. Develop working knowledge of the reservation software (R25) and ANGEL. Manage and update ANGEL as required.
7. Work cooperatively with the student Event Support Assistant to ensure coordination between Building Managers and other staff as determined for events.
8. Participate in weekly supervision meetings with supervisor; participate in other meetings and training sessions as deemed appropriate.
9. Assist in special projects, departmentally coordinated events, and committees as assigned by supervisor.
10. Provide coverage at Welcome Center when needed or requested by professional staff.
The successful candidate will present evidence of the following:
1. Full matriculation into a graduate program at SUNY Oswego.
2. Ability to write clearly and concisely in a style that effectively communicates information to students, faculty, and staff.
3. Ability to work as an effective member of a professional team.
4. Ability to use computer word-processing, desktop publishing, and other software programs.
5. Organizational skills, effective time management skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and high levels of integrity, energy, and enthusiasm.
• The term of appointment runs from two weeks prior to the first day of classes (August 12, 2013) in Fall 2013 May 31, 2014, excluding academic recesses.
• The Graduate Assistant for Evening and Weekend Operations is expected to work twenty (20) hours per week, excluding applicable holidays, during the term of appointment. Regular evening and weekend hours are required.
• Evening and weekend hours are required as determined by the Conference & Event Coordinator.
Remuneration & Privileges
The Graduate Assistant must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student at SUNY Oswego and enrolled in no more than 9 credit hours per semester. Remuneration – $8,680 (stipend with tuition waiver or stipend only). Additional benefits include: health insurance available, free employee parking, 10% off new textbooks from the college store, extended time borrowing books from the library and opportunities for professional development.
How to ApplyApplications will be accepted until position has been filled. Submit letter of application, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references to: Ms. Melissa Paestella Conference and Event Coordinator 135 Campus Center Oswego, NY 13126 Phone (315) 312-2937 FAX (315) 312-2924 email@example.com
1182 total views, 1 today