Take a Class (Non-Degree)
Graduate courses without entering into a program.

Non-degree graduate students take graduate level coursework for professional development, certification or to familiarize themselves with a graduate program before applying to one. Students who have earned a baccalaureate degree or a higher degree are eligible to enroll as a non-degree graduate student at SUNY Oswego.

How To Apply:

Complete the Non-Degree Graduate Student application.

Send your unofficial transcripts to the Graduate Office by email or mail.

You will not be eligible to register for graduate courses until the Graduate Office has received your transcripts verifying you have earned a baccalaureate degree. After the Graduate Office receives your transcripts, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to register.

If you earned your degree at SUNY Oswego, you do not need to supply your transcripts as part of your application.

If your name is different than what is on your transcript, please notify the Graduate Office by email or by phone at (315) 312-3152.



Helpful Links:

If you are interested in learning more about the graduate courses available to non-degree students, please visit myOswego. You can view course descriptions for all graduate level courses by visiting the 'Course Descriptions' page or view the class schedule for the upcoming semesters by visiting the 'Course Availability' page. 


Additional Notes:

No fax copies of a transcript will be accepted.

You must verify the name of the degree granting institution is on the copy of your transcript.

You must meet all prerequisites prior to taking a graduate level course.

You can take up to nine credit hours without entering into a graduate program, unless you are approved for professional development status. If you are interested in professional development status, please call the Graduate Office.

No more than six credit hours may be transferred from other institutions into a graduate program. This limit also applies to non-degree students.

Certain courses are not available to non-degree students and can only be taken while enrolled in a graduate program.