Faculty FAQs and Resources
Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Internationally recognized sculptor Coral Penelope Lambert of Alfred University will demonstrate her art, the age-old sculpting and manufacturing technique using molten iron. Free; including parking. 312-2111.
Location: Lot R13, off Iroquois Trail between Oneida Hall and The Village
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 5:19 p.m. - 5:19 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is a Writing Across the Curriculum Course?
- What Do I Need to Do When I Teach a WAC Course?
- What Sorts of Assignments Should I Give Students?
- Are There Other Ways to Use Writing in Courses Outside Formal Papers?
- What are the Best Ways to Respond to Students' Writing?
- Should I Respond Differently to Drafts than to Finished Work?
- What's a "Healthy Writing Process?"
- How Do I Get My Students to Revise Thoughtfully?
- How Should I Handle Grammar and Mechanics?
- Writing Plans by Major
- WAC Guidelines
- Deans' Writing Awards Archive
- Rules for Writers Online
- WAC Assessment Plan
- WAC Clearinghouse
- Purdue OWL