Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
At the college level faculty governance is coordinated by the Faculty Assembly. The Assembly is composed of 45 representatives elected from academic departments, professional staff, administration and the student body.
The Faculty Assembly deliberates about programs, resources, policies, and proposals that are referred to it by its Councils and Committees, as well as many other issues of concern to the campus. The Assembly’s Executive Board, Councils and Committees serve as important avenues of consultation with the administration on a wide variety of matters. Appropriate administrative and professional staff serve as ex officio members of many of the Councils and Committees.
The Assembly Executive Board coordinates the business of the Assembly; the President and Provost are ex officio members. The Executive Board meets on alternate Mondays, or as needed.
In recent semesters, the Assembly has reviewed numerous new programs and revisions, policies and procedures. Other matters involving the Assembly or its Councils have included the Middle States accreditation review, NYS Education Department re-certification of our Education programs, SUNY Chancellor’s review of President Stanley, comprehensive revision of the Faculty Bylaws, and many other matters.
Faculty Assembly Councils and Committees:
- Academic Policies Council — Deals with new and revised academic programs, procedures and policies.
- Personnel Policies Council — Focuses on issues of Trustee and College policies related to promotion, tenure review, merit and other personnel matters.
- Priorities and Planning Council — Reviews budget, resource and staffing issues as part of the administration’s consultation with faculty and professional staff. The Council also addresses concerns related to long range academic planning.
- Information Technology Council — Addresses concerns related to the colleges computer and telecommunications systems.
- Graduate Council — Relates to graduate program concerns.
- Admission and Student Service Council — Reviews enrollment data and addresses issues related to students.
- Library Council — Relates to acquisitions, budget and staffing concerns in the library.
- Academic Outreach Council — Reviews evening degree programs, summer session and off-campus centers.
- Undergraduate Curriculum Council — Reviews all undergraduate course proposals and advise Faculty Assembly for final approval of these courses. The role of UCC is defined by the Faculty Assembly By-laws. A related duty of UCC members is to provide support to department chairs and curriculum committees in the development or revision of course outlines.
- General Education Council — The Council shall establish a schedule and methods for the ongoing assessment of General Education offerings.
Faculty Assembly Website:
For more information on the revised Faculty Assembly Bylaws, membership lists, council/committee memberships, agendas and minutes of FA meetings, refer to the FA web-site.
If you have other questions, feel free to contact Dr. Susan Camp, Chair of Faculty Assembly. telephone 312-2481, email <email@example.com>.