Dr. Lewis B. O'Donnell Media Summit
Alumni in the arts and other distinguished panelists will discuss "Digital-Social-Mobile: How Media Trends Impact Theatre, Art and Music." Part of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts Week. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-6612.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Oct 27, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tyler Hall Campus Open House
Tour the newly renovated and reopened fine and performing arts building. Performances and refreshments. Part of SUNY Oswego's School of Communication, Media and the Arts week. Free. 315-312-6612.
Location: Tyler Hall
Friday, Oct 28, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Cortland
Location: Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Oct 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey Scrimmage
Free admission for students with college ID. 3056.
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Saturday, Oct 22, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Saturday, Oct 22, 10:46 a.m. - 10:46 a.m.
November 4, 2011
English Department Conference Room
1. We approved the minutes of October 14, 2011, with one revision. "New Dept of defense of MOU" should be revised to read "New Dept. of Defense MOU in process."
2. Al Stamm circulated the updated list of members of Priorities and Planning. He will contact Tom Darvill to see whether he is interested in attending regularly to represent the social and behavioral sciences.
3. Marcia Burrell-Ihlow came to discuss the proposed changes to the MATs in math and chemistry offered by the School of Education. The MAT degree is the Master of Arts in Teaching. It includes graduate level courses in the relevant content area (chemistry or math). By contrast, the MST degree is the Master of Science for Teachers. It does not include graduate level content courses. A graduate of the School of Education with a concentration in math or chemistry would work toward an MSED (Master of Science in Education), which includes 12 credits in the relevant content area.
Enrollments in these programs are expected to stay level. No new resources will be required for the proposed changes, which will in fact reduce requirements slightly.
We unanimously approved the revisions to the MAT in Chemistry.
We unanimously approved the revisions to the MAT in Mathematics.
5. The next meeting is scheduled for November 18th. Cynthia may be late due to a scheduling conflict.
6. The meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.