Second summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Wednesday, May 25, 6:05 a.m. - 6:05 a.m.
GENIUS Olympiad opening ceremonies
SUNY Oswego's GENIUS Olympiad (Global Environmental Issues -- U.S.) aims to inspire high school students from around the world to contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment as they compete in five disciplines. Free. email@example.com or geniusolympiad.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Monday, June 13, 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Wednesday, May 25, 6:09 a.m. - 6:09 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
November 4, 2011
English Department Conference Room
1. We approved the minutes of October 14, 2011, with one revision. "New Dept of defense of MOU" should be revised to read "New Dept. of Defense MOU in process."
2. Al Stamm circulated the updated list of members of Priorities and Planning. He will contact Tom Darvill to see whether he is interested in attending regularly to represent the social and behavioral sciences.
3. Marcia Burrell-Ihlow came to discuss the proposed changes to the MATs in math and chemistry offered by the School of Education. The MAT degree is the Master of Arts in Teaching. It includes graduate level courses in the relevant content area (chemistry or math). By contrast, the MST degree is the Master of Science for Teachers. It does not include graduate level content courses. A graduate of the School of Education with a concentration in math or chemistry would work toward an MSED (Master of Science in Education), which includes 12 credits in the relevant content area.
Enrollments in these programs are expected to stay level. No new resources will be required for the proposed changes, which will in fact reduce requirements slightly.
We unanimously approved the revisions to the MAT in Chemistry.
We unanimously approved the revisions to the MAT in Mathematics.
5. The next meeting is scheduled for November 18th. Cynthia may be late due to a scheduling conflict.
6. The meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.