Rice Creek Story Hour
Tales of nature, animals’ wild ways and how people relate to the natural world. Designed for elementary-aged children, though all are welcome. SUNY Oswego's Rice Creek Field Station offers Story Hour in support of SUNY's partnership with the Read Aloud 15 Minutes national initiative. Free (program size is limited, unable to accommodate groups, an adult must accompany children 17 and under). 315-312-6677.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, March 25, 11 a.m. - noon
Theatre performance: "Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare"
Directed by Devin Brain. America’s premiere touring classical theatre company presents their diverse-cast production of this Shakespeare classic. $20 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in the Culkin Hall lot (E-6) and nearby lot E-18. 315-312-4581. theactingcompany.org.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Monday, March 27, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Womens's Tennis vs. Wells
Location: Romney Tennis Courts
Saturday, March 25, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Women's Softball vs. Houghton
Location: Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, March 28, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
November 4, 2011
English Department Conference Room
1. We approved the minutes of October 14, 2011, with one revision. "New Dept of defense of MOU" should be revised to read "New Dept. of Defense MOU in process."
2. Al Stamm circulated the updated list of members of Priorities and Planning. He will contact Tom Darvill to see whether he is interested in attending regularly to represent the social and behavioral sciences.
3. Marcia Burrell-Ihlow came to discuss the proposed changes to the MATs in math and chemistry offered by the School of Education. The MAT degree is the Master of Arts in Teaching. It includes graduate level courses in the relevant content area (chemistry or math). By contrast, the MST degree is the Master of Science for Teachers. It does not include graduate level content courses. A graduate of the School of Education with a concentration in math or chemistry would work toward an MSED (Master of Science in Education), which includes 12 credits in the relevant content area.
Enrollments in these programs are expected to stay level. No new resources will be required for the proposed changes, which will in fact reduce requirements slightly.
We unanimously approved the revisions to the MAT in Chemistry.
We unanimously approved the revisions to the MAT in Mathematics.
5. The next meeting is scheduled for November 18th. Cynthia may be late due to a scheduling conflict.
6. The meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.