November 5, 2001
3:00 — 5:00 PM
Room 105 Lanigan Hall
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of FA minutes for September 24, 2001 and October 8, 2001
- FA Chair’s Report — D. King
- Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
- Unfinished Business
1. Vacancies on F.A. Councils and Committees
(Please recruit nominees for the remaining vacancies listed on the reverse side. Refer names to your FA representative)
2. Consideration and voting on Faculty Bylaw Amendments - Articles XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
(FA members please remember to bring your copy of the proposed Bylaw amendments to FA meetings)
- New Business
1. Proposed revision of policy on incompletes.
NOTE : ALL CONSTITUENCIES ARE REQUESTED TO HAVE REPRESENTATIVES PRESENT FOR THE NEXT FEW FA MEETINGS DUE TO VOTING ON THE PROPOSED FACULTY BYLAW AMENDMENTS WHICH REQUIRE 2/3 OF THE TOTAL VOTING MEMBERSHIP OF THE ASSEMBLY FOR APPROVAL.
(SEE ADDITIONAL NOTES ON THE REVERSE SIDE)
- FA representatives should review their copy of the proposed FA Bylaw amendments before the FA meeting.
- Due to the importance of the deliberation and voting on the proposed revision of the Bylaws, we urge all constituencies to be sure that their representatives or alternates are present for these crucial meetings.
- In the interest of efficiency and economy, all current and subsequent Faculty Assembly minutes will be posted within a couple of weeks on the new Faculty Assembly web site: www.oswego.edu/other_campus/assembly/ . Agendas for FA meetings will continue to be distributed campus-wide in hard copy before each meeting; they will also be posted on the web site.
Vacancies still need to be filled on the following FA Councils and Committees. PLEASE recruit interested persons or self-nominate by contacting your FA representative BEFORE our meeting on 11/5/01. The nature of the representation and the term of office for each vacancy are indicated:
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee -1 SOE rep (01-02)
Representatives to the Student Assoc. Senate — 2 reps (01-02)