September 10, 2001
*3:00 — 4:30 PM*
*Room 105 Lanigan Hall*
*NOTE ROOM CHANGE TO RM 105 LANIGAN FOR DURATION OF FALL 2001 SEMESTER*
*Note meeting time abbreviated to allow general faculty meeting to begin at 4:30 pm in the same room*
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of FA minutes for April 16th and 30th, 2001 (Distribute on 9/10 FA meeting and act on at 9/17 FA meeting)
- FA Chair’s Report — D. King
- Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
1. Oswego Reading Initiative Committee Report — R. Mandel and J. Ann
- Unfinished business
- New Business
1. Election of Vice Chair of Faculty Assembly
2. Elections for vacancies on FA Councils and Committees — Nominations are still needed for the following vacancies: Board of General Education (1 rep Natural Sciences); Priorities and Planning Council (1 rep from School of Education); Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (1 rep from School of Education and 1 rep from School of Business).
NOTE 1 : ALL CONSTITUENCIES ARE REQUESTED TO HAVE DEPARTMENT AND CONSTITUENCY REPRESENTATIVES ELECTED AND PRESENT FOR THE NEXT FEW FA MEETINGS DUE TO THE ELECTION PROCESS FOR COUNCILS AND COMMITTEES.
NOTE 2: A GENERAL FACULTY MEETING WILL FOLLOW THE FA MEETING AT 4:30 IN THE SAME ROOM (105 LANIGAN). THE GENERAL FACULTY MEETING WILL FOCUS ON THE PRESIDENT'S REPORT ON THE STATE OF THE COLLEGE
(SEE ADDITIONAL NOTES ON THE REVERSE SIDE)
- In the interest of efficiency and economy, all current and subsequent Faculty Assembly minutes will be posted within a couple of weeks on the new Faculty Assembly web site: www.oswego.edu/other_campus/assembly/ . Agendas for FA meetings will continue to be distributed campus-wide in hard copy before each meeting; they will also be posted on the web site.